03 9629 3869
8 week Group Program Training: Program 1 – commences 8TH MAY 2019. Program 2 Commences 15TH OCTOBER 2019
MONTHLY SUPPORT: Maintaining your meditation practice
One-hour group meditation session for those who wish to maintain their meditation practice. Open to all past and current clients, the session runs on the third Thursday of each month. Dates for 2019:
Thursday 21st February
Thursday 21st March
Thursday 18th April
Thursday 16th May
Thursday 20th June
Thursday 18th July
Thursday 15th August
Thursday 19th September
Thursday 17th October
Thursday 21st November
SATURDAY MINI RETREAT DATES – these sessions provide the opportunity to deepen your practice as you meditate during a whole afternoon with short breaks and an opportunity to ask questions.
Saturday 9th March
Saturday 27th July
Saturday 9th November
CONTACT us through this site or call 03 9629 3869
Mindfulness for mental health and well-being;
Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for depression, anxiety and stress
This eight week program teaches mindfulness skills to facilitate heightened awareness of thinking patterns and body sensations which may contribute to depression, anxiety, stress and other psychological problems.
Mindfulness based therapy has proved to be an effective treatment approach in many studies in both Europe and the U.S.
MiCBT is designed to enhance mental well-being and resilience providing benefits in both short and long-term through learning a number of mindfulness techniques and experiencing their impact on daily life. It is a practical and powerful way to address issues of recurring stress, anxiety and depression as well as assisting with anger management, coping with chronic pain and attentional issues. MiCBT is developed by Dr. Bruno Cayoun, from the MiCBT Institute and has some similarities to the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn from the University of Massachusetts and British psychologists, Segal, Teasdale and Williams. MiCBT powerfully integrates mindfulness skills with cognitive and behavioural techniques.
On completion of this program participants will be able to:
- use mindfulness skills in daily life
- have a better understanding of the relationship between mental and physical experiences and mood
- be better able to relax, think more clearly and control thoughts
- gain enhanced ability to manage stress, anxiety and depression
- be able to apply mindfulness skills to assist in changing habitual behavioural patterns
- have an enhanced sense of well-being
The program provides:
- Pre-program assessment
- 8 two hour group sessions
- Feedback and support with skilled facilitation by highly trained psychologists
- Participant notes and two practice CDs
- Free access to ongoing support group on completion of the program
This program requires a commitment to daily home exercise practice of mindfulness skills.
Individual sessions may be made available to participants during the course where required.