8 Week Group MiCBT Training
Due to the COVID-19 situation this program is now being offered online. This program may not suit everyone therefore we require you to complete the questionnaire by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
We are also offering free, twice-weekly online meditation sessions for those wishing to continue their mindfulness practice during these difficult times.
Online Program Fees:
Full fee – $400
Financial hardship: special rates may be available on application.
Cost includes program manual, practice audio and free ongoing mindfulness sessions after the program finishes.
Mindfulness for mental health and well-being;
Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for depression, anxiety and stress
This eight week program teaches mindfulness skills to facilitate heightened awareness of thinking patterns and body sensations which may contribute to depression, anxiety, stress and other psychological problems.
Mindfulness based therapy has proved to be an effective treatment approach in many studies in both Europe and the U.S.
MiCBT is designed to enhance mental well-being and resilience providing benefits in both short and long-term through learning a number of mindfulness techniques and experiencing their impact on daily life. It is a practical and powerful way to address issues of recurring stress, anxiety and depression as well as assisting with anger management, coping with chronic pain and attentional issues. MiCBT is developed by Dr. Bruno Cayoun, from the MiCBT Institute and it has some similarities to the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn from the University of Massachusetts and British psychologists, Segal, Teasdale and Williams. However, MiCBT powerfully integrates mindfulness skills with cognitive and behavioural techniques and its strong emphasis on body awareness differentiates it from other programs. It is particularly useful as a holistic and integrated approach to address a range of psychological issues.
On completion of this program through active engagement with the mindfulness exercises participants will be able to:
- use mindfulness skills in daily life
- have a better understanding of the relationship between mental and physical experiences and mood
- be better able to relax, think more clearly and control thoughts
- gain enhanced ability to manage stress, anxiety and depression
- be able to apply mindfulness skills to assist in changing habitual behavioural patterns
- have an enhanced sense of well-being
The program provides:
- Pre-program assessment
- 8 two hour group sessions
- Feedback and support with skilled facilitation by highly trained psychologists
- Participant notes and two practice CDs
- Free access to ongoing support group on completion of the program
This program requires a commitment to daily home exercise practice of mindfulness skills.
Individual sessions may be made available to participants during the course where required.