03 9629 3869
2017 Program Dates
We have decided that we need to focus all our energy on the research project for now –
Consider joining the Research Trial – no cost but participants are allocated randomly to either the “experimental” or “control” group – the experimental group receives the program first
CONTACT us through this site or call 03 9629 3869
If you would like to undertake the MiCBT program but not join the research project you can learn it in individual sessions. Contact us for more details
Mindfulness for mental health and well-being;
Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for depression, anxiety and stress
This eight week program teaches mindfulness skills to facilitate heightened awareness of thinking patterns and body sensations which may contribute to depression, anxiety, stress and other psychological problems.
Mindfulness based therapy has proved to be an effective treatment approach in many studies in both Europe and the U.S.
MiCBT is designed to enhance mental wellbeing and resilience providing benefits in both short and long term through learning a number of mindfulness techniques and experiencing their impact on daily life. It is a practical and powerful way to address issues of recurring stress, anxiety and depression as well as assisting with anger management, coping with chronic pain and attentional issues. MiCBT is developed by Dr. Bruno Cayoun, from the MiCBT Institute and has some similarities to the work of Jon Kabat-Zinn from the University of Massachusetts and British psychologists, Segal, Teasdale and Williams. MiCBT powerfully integrates mindfulness skills with cognitive and behavioural techniques.
On completion of this program participants will be able to:
- use mindfulness skills in daily life
- have a better understanding of the relationship between mental and physical experiences and mood
- be better able to relax, think more clearly and control thoughts
- gain enhanced ability to manage stress, anxiety and depression
- be able to apply mindfulness skills to assist in changing habitual behavioural patterns
- have an enhanced sense of well-being
The program provides:
- Pre-program assessment
- 8 two hour group sessions
- Feedback and support with skilled facilitation by highly trained psychologists
- Participant notes and two practice CDs
- Free access to ongoing suport group on completion of the program
This program requires commitment to daily home exercise practice of mindfulness skills.
Individual sessions may be made available to participants during the course where required.